
So, yesterday started out like any other day. i went to my volleyball class and it was all good and fun until i sprained my ankle. dang. It stunk even more because i had work right after and then a class after work. So, i couldn't rest it, or put ice on it, or use compression, or elevate it. Bummer. So, it hurt really bad. So after work i had my EMT class. A day i was dreading. We were going to be poking eachother with needles for practice on IV's. I got poked and it wasn't a good experience. She missed my vein and kinda fished around for it, so it hurt way bad... The second time didn't hurt at all, but my hands are really sore (and blue) today. Everyone knew i was afraid of needles and told me i was in the wrong profession. I know i'm not. I knew it was something i could overcome and i did! I started 2 IV's. The first one i went through the vein, and the second time the instructor said was exactly how you do an IV. It boost my confidence way up! I took a video of someone doing it on my phone and i was freaking out at the time. i watched it this morning and it was no big deal. I'm actually excited about IV"s now...weird! Anywho. That is all. :D
1 comment:
You are a brave one! I have a hard time even looking at that photo!
Post a Comment