So one of my required courses is Ethics in Recreation....
It's been really interesting. We had to buy 5 different books
and have read them throughout the semester; such as Sandy County Almanac,
Rights of Nature, Wilderness Ethics, and Ishmael. After we read as homework
we discuss what we read and our opinions in class. I find it so interesting what
people think. Mostly the people who aren't LDS and don't believe in God. They
don't know about our creation and the plan and it makes me sad. I wanted to share
my viewpoints so many times, but i knew i couldn't say anything from a scientific point
of view...Nevertheless it's been an interesting class, and i didn't change many of my
opinions, but i am more aware of nature and how we treat it and how our actions are
harmful and wasteful....WAIT...so, i go to college and i'm learning? Weird!
1 comment:
dude I loved that class. It was crazy hearing athiests talk for sure- it depressed me too. Thats actually one of my fav classes I've taken, oddly enough, just cause it was so easy to learn stuff.
Post a Comment